OVI contacts is used to
- Organise your contacts
- Sync between your mobile device and Ovi
- Keep your contacts up-to-date and available
- Easily add photos, birthdays and more
Nokia betalabs have released a new beta of OVI contacts which support new back end like the OVI mail 2.0. And a face lift. Read the setup instructions and compatability after the break.
• From your computer browser, go to http://contactsui.ovi.com
(Note for current Contacts web users: This beta uses your contacts from the contacts.ovi.com, and they are synced concurrently)
• Log in with your Ovi account, or create one by selecting the “Sign up free!” button.
• Sync your contacts from the device by selecting “Get Started”
• Create new contacts easily using the Web UI, or add more details to your existing contacts
• Access your contacts from the web
Compatibility and System requirements
• S60 and S40 devices supported by Ovi Sync. Select the “Get started” button on contacts.ovi.com to start the Add Device wizard to see if your device is one of them. Most S60 and S40 devices are supported.
Fully supported tier 1 browser OS combinations:
• Win XP: Firefox 3.5, IE 6.0 and 7.0
• Win Vista: Firefox 3.5, IE 7.0 and 8.0
• Mac 10.5: Firefox 3.5
• Mac 10.6: Firefox 3.5 and Safari 4.0
Functionally correct tier 2 browser OS combinations:
• Win XP: Firefox 3.0, Opera 9.6 and IE 8.0
• OS X 10.5: Safari 4.0