How to reset the Software of Nokia Lumia 920 and Lumia 820 ?
When something goes wrong in the Windows Phone 8 operating system of the Nokia Lumia 920 or Nokia Lumia 820. You can reset the software by navigating to the about menu in the settings. You can see reset phone option in the about screen. This will completely reset the phone and erases all the user data. This can be used if you need to change the live ID.
In some cases like when you forgot the pass-code to unlock the phone, there is no other chance of getting into the phone than resetting it. Follow the steps to reset the phone using hardware key combinations.
Warning : Try at your own risk. Proceeding to the steps below will COMPLETELY erase your data without any warning.
- Press and hold the lock key to turn off the phone.
- Once the phone is in off state. Press Volume Down and Power key till you see an exclamation mark in the screen. If you didn’t press correctly the phone will just reboot instead of showing that screen with exclamation mark.
- When it shows the exclamation mark input the following buttom combinations. Dont keep on holding the below described buttons. Just press them once.
- Press Volume up
- Press Volume down
- Press Power Key
- Press Volume down again
- If you have followed the correct combination the screen will shows the Nokia symbol and reset itself
- You can see the new phone setup dialog once the reset is done.